Friday, March 18, 2011

The Unfinished Bridge

The Unfinished Bridge


She stormed into my presence
like a stray storm
My mind pulled her in
smoothed the storm within
But…
She was on the other bank
I on this side
deep turbulent waters in between
Now….
We are building a bridge
I more she less
Her bank recedes
keeping the distance same
Will we be together ever
with the bridge unfinished?
Perhaps…
It is to be like this
I am the setting sun
she a beautiful dawn
the twain shall never meet…

Epilogue
Evening waits for the dawn
walks her into the night
straitens all the tangles
removes all the pain
Rested thus- dawn is ready
to shine the next morrow
Every one loves the dawn
no one wants the evening
Yet…
Evening always waits for
the dawn- to continue
the cosmic cycle…

K.V. Radhakrishnan

2 comments: