Friday, March 25, 2011

Happiness

Happiness

I was riding my scooter
on the roads of my city
I saw a family on a scooter
a child in front another sandwiched
between his mother and a carom board
I was touched by what I saw
a twang of joy in my heart
There will be joy in their home
when they play on the carom board
Small small joys are what makes life
all you have to do is look around
Lots of us wait for the big one
Life slips by joyless waiting
The big one never arrives
Joy is everywhere
it is for you to pick it up
Enrich your life with these
Little ones
For me joyful laughter
of a little one is worth
all the gold in Fort Knox


K.V.Radhakrishnan

1 comment:

  1. This is so true
    you can 'have it all' yet have nothing..
    someimes here we seek to buy buy buy.. but with every purchase - lasting joy cannot be found
    this speaks clearly of celebrating the little things - what you have - of inner joy

    ReplyDelete